This was a hit with the Fam here in FL, so I thought I’d share it with you!
What you need:
- 2 1/2 lbs Ground beef/turkey/italian sausage (any of these or a combo would do)
- 1 box of lasagna noodles, regular not oven ready, broken into smaller, or bite sized pieces
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 jar of Your favorite pasta sauce, or can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded fresh basil for garnish
Add peppers, zucchini, eggplant, or any other veggies to beef it up for a large group, or to get those yummy veggies in your diet!
- Brown and drain your meat in a large skillet.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sauce, and pasta to the pan, stirring to combine.
- Let simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn to the bottom 🙂
- Once pasta is cooked to your preferred doneness, top with the mozzarella and stir gently to combine. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
Pretty much everyone had seconds, and there was a serving left over, so I’d say this makes about 12 or 13 servings! I will be making this one again soon…it was so yummy!!