I do love a good pasta soup. And this one I cooked up in the crockpot last week and it was divine!
- 1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 4-6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 package turkey or chicken kielbasa
- 1 cup diced red onion
Optional: diced zucchini, peppers or any other veggie that you love!
- Slice and brown the kielbasa. They are usually already cooked, but I find that sauteing it with the onion and some garlic really brings out the flavor!
- Add the tortellini, diced tomatoes (don’t drain), spinach, cream cheese and stock to the crockpot (or large pot on stove!) I added 4 cups of stock, but could have done as much as 6 to have a little more liquid.
- Add the browned kielbasa and onion saute to the pot.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours depending on your crockpot. Stirring occasionally to mix up the cream cheese.
I found that the cheesey broth was really very light, and not super rich which I really liked. If you wanted it to be a bit more creamy, you could add a can of tomato bisque soup as well to give it more oomph!
This made about 7 lighter servings, which is why I suggest adding some veggies to boost the soup a bit…and get in those veggies!!