So when I last posted, other than about moving this blog to a new residence, it was November and winter had just started to creep in. I was also trying to dye my hair purple, and my little human was still in the throes of a post-surgery-sleep-regression-nightmare.
I got my purple hair. But it took about 21 hours and 3 visits to accomplish.
Winter lasted foooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
And the little human finally got over her sleep issues…by Christmas time.
But here are some other things that happened:
- I fell out of love with fitness, and fell off the healthy eating wagon and rolled for several miles behind it in the dust before I was able to stand back up.
- I bought my first Erin Condren Life Planner. (If you shop at this link you can get $10 off your purchase! Weee!)
- I went to Illinois for a photo shoot, with my then business partner. More about that one later…
- I opened my Etsy shop back up… I sell awesome stickers for planners now. Go. Check it out. Now. It’s awesome! Plus…because I love ya… use code: FANSOFKAT for 10% off your purchase of $15+. I am an official entrepreneur now…yaaaaay.
- Finally decided on adding another member to our family…no babies yet because…well…endo still rears her ugly stupid head.
- I quit Beachbody…and I will NEVER work for another direct sales company EVER again. Aside from the business aspect, I have come to hold more respect for clean eating, and know with every fiber of my being that eating a clean, unprocessed or minimally processed diet is what will help you lose weight and be healthier. No shake or pill can do that for you. Business wise…I just couldn’t be involved with a company that sold products that I didn’t believe in. Plus, I just don’t do drama or ridiculousness.
- We are headed to Florida again in just about 3 weeks…EEEEEEKKKKK! I cannot wait. 3 weeks in Florida!? Um, YEAH!
- I am just 8ish pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight…holy cow! For half-assing it these last 6 months I am very proud of myself. Progress pictures coming soon.
- I am still dealing with PPD…yeah. STILL. It happens folks. And it can stick around for a few years after that bundle of joy arrives. Are we nuts for thinking of having another baby?! I have more good days than bad, and Hadley is the light of my life. But man that transition from only worrying about yourself to you AND another human…oops…I mean another human and then maybe yourself if there is time left over, or they take a nap.
- We bought a Subaru and I frickin love it.
So now that you are mostly caught up, and I am back…I will do my best to post more. Life with kids is hard, and I still struggle to find balance in life. But that will probably never change…it just need to get better at it.
Hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!
Winter that is.
We awoke to snow, and I am not happy about it. I was really hoping for a few more weeks of fall before the tundra set in. But alas…it’s now winter.
So today we are staying in and enjoying the day just the two of us…me and the destroyer of living rooms.
On Saturday I got my hairs did. But it didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, so I will be going back this Saturday to have it fixed. I am super excited about it and I can’t wait to show you all!
It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
Happy Halloween! And holy cow October is over already! I seriously am blown away by how fast this year feels like it’s going by.
I am so not ready for it to be “The Holidays” soon…
Here’s your 5
- Chipotle is not smart pre-workout fuel. Just sayin.
- I have the cutest sidekick eva!
- And my cute little super baby is going through one of the worst sleep regressions right now. I am supposed to also be Wonder Woman…but I am feeling like my super hero name should be Zombie Mom. ugh….I think we might have to try a little melatonin to help her get to sleep and stay asleep. She is my child and I know that I don’t make enough to keep me sleeping like a normal person.
- I get to go back to yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to be able to go back to a studio and get my hot yoga on!
- I decided this week that I am not stepping on the scale for 60 days. Which could be great for me and also terrifying on January 1st when I weigh myself.
Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!!
This is a hard TBT, but I am sharing this one again as reminder that we all start somewhere! This was taken about a year ago, I think I was 30 days postpartum.
I am now a year PP and don’t look much different. I am starting to embrace that “mommy-body” rather than hating it. And I am working on changing it rather than accepting it.
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.
I don’t know about you, but as a mommy and a wifey I sometimes struggle with finding a balance in my roles between those two jobs and doing what I wanna do. I know it’s super selfish to still want to achieve my own goals now that I have a little human to raise….right?
NO! It’s not actually.
It’s awesome that I have goals that I want to achieve in my personal life and in my professional life. Having goals is what moves us forward! I often struggle with working on my goals once I have set them, or broadcast them to the world as it were…
But I am not seeing my inability to conquer my goals as a failure. I just need to readjust my expectations of what I can do in the time I have given myself. I have to change what my vision of my fitness life looks like. And that might mean that I work out with Hadley next to me, or I go to the gym at night. Or maybe I find a buddy to workout with that will help me stay on track!
Whatever that looks like for me, finding the balance is going to take some time and that is ok.
How do you find balance in your life between working out and being with your family?