Yeah…I am just that lazy these days.
August was a blur. And now summer is over.
There is so much, and yet not nearly enough to say.
I’ve been working on me mostly, and gotten back into this really great routine in the morning. I’ve been getting my butt up at Stupid o’clock and hitting the gym. Most days I come home and go back to sleep until the Little gets up. Which is nice, but then I just feel wrecked all day.
I’ve also been slowly transforming my diet back to a clean and mostly organic diet…after realizing I may be having some gluten intolerance issues recently. I miss pasta. And bread. But the effects on the rest of my body have been very noticeable. My skin is clearer, my hair has been fantastic…
So… I’m going to stay sans pasta and bread for as long as necessary if I look and feel better.
Also…how is my baby going to be TWO in 6 weeks?!?!?!
Everyday is an adventure with this one. And everyday calls for a costume. On this particular day she was a fairy. But the wings have been a common accessory lately. She always wants to be noticed, and loves being the center of attention…oh so opposite from her mother. She is still very much Minion obsessed. But I am so glad it’s not Dora, or something far more annoying like Calliou or Sponge Bob…which by the way…will NEVER be played in my house. Eva!! I’d rather only ever watch Despicable Me 2 for the rest of my life than any of those other shows.
We are also taking a big step in our household…
Yeah…gonna maybe put some roots down. The only thing is that we would be putting roots down in a place I’m not sure I want to be. I want to get out of MN so badly. Part of me feels like if we buy a home here…we are stuck here. But we really need more space, and I think it’s time. So many of our friends have homes, and don’t rent anymore. Home ownership is such a huge responsibility, I just hope we are prepared for all of it. It also means that this CHO’s (Chief Household Officer) job just gets bigger…
There are lots of other things in the works currently…but not ready to share just yet. I am taking steps to start up something awesome and it’s something that I get asked about A LOT…so I am really excited to start this ball rolling!
So as you know the fam was in Florida last month, and some of this one too. It was such a great trip! Here are some of the things we did:
- Drove 1300 miles with a toddler
- Drove another 500 with a toddler (1000 round trip)
- Saw animals at Busch Gardens
- Played at a waterpark
- Got sunburned
- Got tan
- Wore a bikini (YEAH ME!)
- Played in the ocean
- Made new friends
- Ate sushi
- Drank too much (not really)
- Worked out a ton
- Ate awesome food
- Visited cites I had never been to
- Entered a new time zone for the first time
- Saw dolphins
- Saw a stingray
- Got sea sick
- Had some great family time
- Cemented the bonds of sisterhood with an awesome chick
- Slept in
- Stopped worrying about my body
- Realized how awesome I am, and decided to love it and embrace it.
- Celebrated Pride from 1300 miles away
- Rejoyced at a momentous event in our cultural history #scotus
- Spent tons of time at the beach
- Drove 1300 miles home, by myself with a toddler. Go me.
The road trips went fast for the most part, but it was still a lot of driving! I enjoyed pretty much every moment of the trip, but the last few weeks were lonely without the hubs. I do look forward to my next trip back…hopefully in a few months!
Winter that is.
We awoke to snow, and I am not happy about it. I was really hoping for a few more weeks of fall before the tundra set in. But alas…it’s now winter.
So today we are staying in and enjoying the day just the two of us…me and the destroyer of living rooms.
On Saturday I got my hairs did. But it didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, so I will be going back this Saturday to have it fixed. I am super excited about it and I can’t wait to show you all!
Happy Halloween! And holy cow October is over already! I seriously am blown away by how fast this year feels like it’s going by.
I am so not ready for it to be “The Holidays” soon…
Here’s your 5
- Chipotle is not smart pre-workout fuel. Just sayin.
- I have the cutest sidekick eva!
- And my cute little super baby is going through one of the worst sleep regressions right now. I am supposed to also be Wonder Woman…but I am feeling like my super hero name should be Zombie Mom. ugh….I think we might have to try a little melatonin to help her get to sleep and stay asleep. She is my child and I know that I don’t make enough to keep me sleeping like a normal person.
- I get to go back to yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to be able to go back to a studio and get my hot yoga on!
- I decided this week that I am not stepping on the scale for 60 days. Which could be great for me and also terrifying on January 1st when I weigh myself.
Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!!
Um…this guy. That is all.
I remember when I first saw this photo…I thought…
HOLY CRAP I AM DATING THE HOTTEST GUY EVER.
Seriously. Now I am married to him.
Photo from The Holmberg Greiner Wedding June 2010
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.
We did it! We all survived our first year as parents and as a little human. She has changed so much in the last 12 months, it just blows my mind. She certainly has her own personality, and knows what she likes, and wants and what she doesn’t.
She is such a beautiful little girl, and I love her sense of humor. I love being able to laugh with her over something she sees for the first time, or most of the time at nothing at all…she just loves to laugh so much.
She has 2 new teeth that have recently made their way through, and working on two more. She is just days away from walking, I am sure of it. As she has been getting brave and taking a step before her forward trust falls into mommy. We have a good vocabulary already, it consists of mama, dada, nana, no, bum bum, and ma’am…with the makings of …MINE in there sometimes!
This last year has blessed me beyond my expectations, challenged my stamina, and left me with many a sleepless night, it has had me rolling on the floor laughing, and sometimes crying too…it has not always been pretty, or fun…sometimes it was downright messy. But I never would have made it through this year without the help of the most amazing mommies I know. So thank you to all of you mommy warriors in my tribe…you know who you are!