I shared this status on Facebook just now, but I really feel that the words need a broader audience than my small circle of friends.
This is for anyone struggling today.
Dear Present Me,
I know right now you are hurting, and sad. This didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to, and now you are paying the price for putting yourself out there. You can still breathe, even though it feels like all of the air has left you. You can still stand up even though you feel like you’ve fallen down a deep well and the world is spinning too fast. You have gotten over this before, and you know that you can move past it. You have already done it.
Do not let this derail you. DO. NOT. LET. THIS. BREAK. YOU. You are so much stronger than this. You know you are. Just because you have gotten to a place where you feel good, and are happy does not mean that you do not deserve it. You are not out anything. Nothing has changed. This did not happen to you because you finally embraced happiness.
This is not the end. It will get better. Do not forget that you have what you need already. You have a mantra permanently inked on your body for helping get through hard times such as these. Never give up hope. Lean on the people that you share your life with, they are here for you and love you unconditionally. They will always pick you up when you fall down. You are not alone in this. This will not break you.
This is not about you. This is about timing. Moving on doesn’t not mean forgetting, it means living and not falling down and staying there. It means finishing what you have set out to do. It means making them proud. And making yourself proud. You can grieve this, but don’t you stay there longer than you told yourself you would. This was not a once in a lifetime opportunity. You may get another chance to have what you want, but don’t stay here and wait for it to happen, or life will pass you by. I know it feels like a sucker punch to the chest; but it will get better. This does not break you.
❤ Love, Future you
So as you know the fam was in Florida last month, and some of this one too. It was such a great trip! Here are some of the things we did:
- Drove 1300 miles with a toddler
- Drove another 500 with a toddler (1000 round trip)
- Saw animals at Busch Gardens
- Played at a waterpark
- Got sunburned
- Got tan
- Wore a bikini (YEAH ME!)
- Played in the ocean
- Made new friends
- Ate sushi
- Drank too much (not really)
- Worked out a ton
- Ate awesome food
- Visited cites I had never been to
- Entered a new time zone for the first time
- Saw dolphins
- Saw a stingray
- Got sea sick
- Had some great family time
- Cemented the bonds of sisterhood with an awesome chick
- Slept in
- Stopped worrying about my body
- Realized how awesome I am, and decided to love it and embrace it.
- Celebrated Pride from 1300 miles away
- Rejoyced at a momentous event in our cultural history #scotus
- Spent tons of time at the beach
- Drove 1300 miles home, by myself with a toddler. Go me.
The road trips went fast for the most part, but it was still a lot of driving! I enjoyed pretty much every moment of the trip, but the last few weeks were lonely without the hubs. I do look forward to my next trip back…hopefully in a few months!
Happy Halloween! And holy cow October is over already! I seriously am blown away by how fast this year feels like it’s going by.
I am so not ready for it to be “The Holidays” soon…
Here’s your 5
- Chipotle is not smart pre-workout fuel. Just sayin.
- I have the cutest sidekick eva!
- And my cute little super baby is going through one of the worst sleep regressions right now. I am supposed to also be Wonder Woman…but I am feeling like my super hero name should be Zombie Mom. ugh….I think we might have to try a little melatonin to help her get to sleep and stay asleep. She is my child and I know that I don’t make enough to keep me sleeping like a normal person.
- I get to go back to yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to be able to go back to a studio and get my hot yoga on!
- I decided this week that I am not stepping on the scale for 60 days. Which could be great for me and also terrifying on January 1st when I weigh myself.
Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!!
This is a hard TBT, but I am sharing this one again as reminder that we all start somewhere! This was taken about a year ago, I think I was 30 days postpartum.
I am now a year PP and don’t look much different. I am starting to embrace that “mommy-body” rather than hating it. And I am working on changing it rather than accepting it.
I saw this on Pinterest yesterday, and it really spoke to me. I’ve been checking in on the scale and it is sadly going the exact opposite way that I want it to. So I made a decision…
I am not getting back on it for 60 days.
It makes me sad when I do, and then I just beat myself up. So the scale and I are going to take some time apart. I want to re-focus my energy on other things, and I am not going to let it control my feelings anymore.
Um…this guy. That is all.
I remember when I first saw this photo…I thought…
HOLY CRAP I AM DATING THE HOTTEST GUY EVER.
Seriously. Now I am married to him.
Photo from The Holmberg Greiner Wedding June 2010
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.