Yeah…I am just that lazy these days.
August was a blur. And now summer is over.
There is so much, and yet not nearly enough to say.
I’ve been working on me mostly, and gotten back into this really great routine in the morning. I’ve been getting my butt up at Stupid o’clock and hitting the gym. Most days I come home and go back to sleep until the Little gets up. Which is nice, but then I just feel wrecked all day.
I’ve also been slowly transforming my diet back to a clean and mostly organic diet…after realizing I may be having some gluten intolerance issues recently. I miss pasta. And bread. But the effects on the rest of my body have been very noticeable. My skin is clearer, my hair has been fantastic…
So… I’m going to stay sans pasta and bread for as long as necessary if I look and feel better.
Also…how is my baby going to be TWO in 6 weeks?!?!?!
Everyday is an adventure with this one. And everyday calls for a costume. On this particular day she was a fairy. But the wings have been a common accessory lately. She always wants to be noticed, and loves being the center of attention…oh so opposite from her mother. She is still very much Minion obsessed. But I am so glad it’s not Dora, or something far more annoying like Calliou or Sponge Bob…which by the way…will NEVER be played in my house. Eva!! I’d rather only ever watch Despicable Me 2 for the rest of my life than any of those other shows.
We are also taking a big step in our household…
Yeah…gonna maybe put some roots down. The only thing is that we would be putting roots down in a place I’m not sure I want to be. I want to get out of MN so badly. Part of me feels like if we buy a home here…we are stuck here. But we really need more space, and I think it’s time. So many of our friends have homes, and don’t rent anymore. Home ownership is such a huge responsibility, I just hope we are prepared for all of it. It also means that this CHO’s (Chief Household Officer) job just gets bigger…
There are lots of other things in the works currently…but not ready to share just yet. I am taking steps to start up something awesome and it’s something that I get asked about A LOT…so I am really excited to start this ball rolling!
Winter that is.
We awoke to snow, and I am not happy about it. I was really hoping for a few more weeks of fall before the tundra set in. But alas…it’s now winter.
So today we are staying in and enjoying the day just the two of us…me and the destroyer of living rooms.
On Saturday I got my hairs did. But it didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, so I will be going back this Saturday to have it fixed. I am super excited about it and I can’t wait to show you all!
It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
I am such a fan of the sweet potato. In fact, I rarely eat white potatoes anymore. But I’ve been kind of stuck in this rut of only eating them steamed, or roasted in the oven.
But never fear…#Fitfluential is here! Check out these 20 ways to eat a sweet potato!
Some of these look divine! I cannot wait to make some of these with the 20 pounds of sweet potatoes I got from Costco last week!
Today, Monday is not going to suck. I am going to make this Monday my b!tch and get stuff done. I have a long task list and I am not going to be until it gets done.
I am going to run a 5k today for my virtual Halloween Hobble, knock out that task list, meet with my trainer, and spend the day with my little. Because seriously…
Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a Corn Maze and Fall Festival. We had so much fun, and it was awesome being able to spend some family time with #Babylove and Run This Dad.
What are you doing today?
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.
We did it! We all survived our first year as parents and as a little human. She has changed so much in the last 12 months, it just blows my mind. She certainly has her own personality, and knows what she likes, and wants and what she doesn’t.
She is such a beautiful little girl, and I love her sense of humor. I love being able to laugh with her over something she sees for the first time, or most of the time at nothing at all…she just loves to laugh so much.
She has 2 new teeth that have recently made their way through, and working on two more. She is just days away from walking, I am sure of it. As she has been getting brave and taking a step before her forward trust falls into mommy. We have a good vocabulary already, it consists of mama, dada, nana, no, bum bum, and ma’am…with the makings of …MINE in there sometimes!
This last year has blessed me beyond my expectations, challenged my stamina, and left me with many a sleepless night, it has had me rolling on the floor laughing, and sometimes crying too…it has not always been pretty, or fun…sometimes it was downright messy. But I never would have made it through this year without the help of the most amazing mommies I know. So thank you to all of you mommy warriors in my tribe…you know who you are!