Yeah…I am just that lazy these days.
August was a blur. And now summer is over.
There is so much, and yet not nearly enough to say.
I’ve been working on me mostly, and gotten back into this really great routine in the morning. I’ve been getting my butt up at Stupid o’clock and hitting the gym. Most days I come home and go back to sleep until the Little gets up. Which is nice, but then I just feel wrecked all day.
I’ve also been slowly transforming my diet back to a clean and mostly organic diet…after realizing I may be having some gluten intolerance issues recently. I miss pasta. And bread. But the effects on the rest of my body have been very noticeable. My skin is clearer, my hair has been fantastic…
So… I’m going to stay sans pasta and bread for as long as necessary if I look and feel better.
Also…how is my baby going to be TWO in 6 weeks?!?!?!
Everyday is an adventure with this one. And everyday calls for a costume. On this particular day she was a fairy. But the wings have been a common accessory lately. She always wants to be noticed, and loves being the center of attention…oh so opposite from her mother. She is still very much Minion obsessed. But I am so glad it’s not Dora, or something far more annoying like Calliou or Sponge Bob…which by the way…will NEVER be played in my house. Eva!! I’d rather only ever watch Despicable Me 2 for the rest of my life than any of those other shows.
We are also taking a big step in our household…
Yeah…gonna maybe put some roots down. The only thing is that we would be putting roots down in a place I’m not sure I want to be. I want to get out of MN so badly. Part of me feels like if we buy a home here…we are stuck here. But we really need more space, and I think it’s time. So many of our friends have homes, and don’t rent anymore. Home ownership is such a huge responsibility, I just hope we are prepared for all of it. It also means that this CHO’s (Chief Household Officer) job just gets bigger…
There are lots of other things in the works currently…but not ready to share just yet. I am taking steps to start up something awesome and it’s something that I get asked about A LOT…so I am really excited to start this ball rolling!
So as you know the fam was in Florida last month, and some of this one too. It was such a great trip! Here are some of the things we did:
- Drove 1300 miles with a toddler
- Drove another 500 with a toddler (1000 round trip)
- Saw animals at Busch Gardens
- Played at a waterpark
- Got sunburned
- Got tan
- Wore a bikini (YEAH ME!)
- Played in the ocean
- Made new friends
- Ate sushi
- Drank too much (not really)
- Worked out a ton
- Ate awesome food
- Visited cites I had never been to
- Entered a new time zone for the first time
- Saw dolphins
- Saw a stingray
- Got sea sick
- Had some great family time
- Cemented the bonds of sisterhood with an awesome chick
- Slept in
- Stopped worrying about my body
- Realized how awesome I am, and decided to love it and embrace it.
- Celebrated Pride from 1300 miles away
- Rejoyced at a momentous event in our cultural history #scotus
- Spent tons of time at the beach
- Drove 1300 miles home, by myself with a toddler. Go me.
The road trips went fast for the most part, but it was still a lot of driving! I enjoyed pretty much every moment of the trip, but the last few weeks were lonely without the hubs. I do look forward to my next trip back…hopefully in a few months!
It has been a very busy summer so far here at the Holmberg House. Between travel, summer activities and family we have been going pretty much non-stop.
In June we went to Florida again. And this time Hadley actually enjoyed the beach! She loved the ocean, and chased the seagulls. She searched the beaches for bottlecaps, and rushed head-on into the ocean.
The hubby flew home after a week, and we stayed on until after the 4th of July. I love it so much it’s so hard to leave. And I now know that I can in fact drive across the country with a toddler and not lose my sanity. Yay me.
It was very hot in Florida, but amazing. We also went to Busch Gardens, Hadley got to go on her first rides…she did great!
We loved the Sesame Street Safari, and the splash pad too!
It was such a great time!
One of the reasons I love staying in Florida so long is that my sister-in-law is always such a huge motivator for me to kick it up a notch in my health and fitness goals. I came back last year super motivated, only to let life get in the way again, but after being there again this year it’s only reaffirmed my passion to stay the course.
If you’ve followed the blog for while, then you’ve noticed the ups and downs, the lulls in the postings, and it’s only a reflection of how dedicated I’ve been to this process. Over the last few months we’ve made some decisions about the direction of our family, and made some big goals. Which has given me the freedom to pursue my own goals without feeling like I am being selfish…. yay for letting go of mom-guilt!
I do really hope to be back in full swing here in the next few weeks and give you the content that you are used to with this blog. So thanks for sticking with me!
So when I last posted, other than about moving this blog to a new residence, it was November and winter had just started to creep in. I was also trying to dye my hair purple, and my little human was still in the throes of a post-surgery-sleep-regression-nightmare.
I got my purple hair. But it took about 21 hours and 3 visits to accomplish.
Winter lasted foooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
And the little human finally got over her sleep issues…by Christmas time.
But here are some other things that happened:
- I fell out of love with fitness, and fell off the healthy eating wagon and rolled for several miles behind it in the dust before I was able to stand back up.
- I bought my first Erin Condren Life Planner. (If you shop at this link you can get $10 off your purchase! Weee!)
- I went to Illinois for a photo shoot, with my then business partner. More about that one later…
- I opened my Etsy shop back up… I sell awesome stickers for planners now. Go. Check it out. Now. It’s awesome! Plus…because I love ya… use code: FANSOFKAT for 10% off your purchase of $15+. I am an official entrepreneur now…yaaaaay.
- Finally decided on adding another member to our family…no babies yet because…well…endo still rears her ugly stupid head.
- I quit Beachbody…and I will NEVER work for another direct sales company EVER again. Aside from the business aspect, I have come to hold more respect for clean eating, and know with every fiber of my being that eating a clean, unprocessed or minimally processed diet is what will help you lose weight and be healthier. No shake or pill can do that for you. Business wise…I just couldn’t be involved with a company that sold products that I didn’t believe in. Plus, I just don’t do drama or ridiculousness.
- We are headed to Florida again in just about 3 weeks…EEEEEEKKKKK! I cannot wait. 3 weeks in Florida!? Um, YEAH!
- I am just 8ish pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight…holy cow! For half-assing it these last 6 months I am very proud of myself. Progress pictures coming soon.
- I am still dealing with PPD…yeah. STILL. It happens folks. And it can stick around for a few years after that bundle of joy arrives. Are we nuts for thinking of having another baby?! I have more good days than bad, and Hadley is the light of my life. But man that transition from only worrying about yourself to you AND another human…oops…I mean another human and then maybe yourself if there is time left over, or they take a nap.
- We bought a Subaru and I frickin love it.
So now that you are mostly caught up, and I am back…I will do my best to post more. Life with kids is hard, and I still struggle to find balance in life. But that will probably never change…it just need to get better at it.
Hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!
It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
There is no Easy Button to achieve success. You have to climb, and work for it. And then when you get to the top you can look back on where you came from and feel that surge of accomplishment and pride.
How many floors are you climbing today?
Happy Halloween! And holy cow October is over already! I seriously am blown away by how fast this year feels like it’s going by.
I am so not ready for it to be “The Holidays” soon…
Here’s your 5
- Chipotle is not smart pre-workout fuel. Just sayin.
- I have the cutest sidekick eva!
- And my cute little super baby is going through one of the worst sleep regressions right now. I am supposed to also be Wonder Woman…but I am feeling like my super hero name should be Zombie Mom. ugh….I think we might have to try a little melatonin to help her get to sleep and stay asleep. She is my child and I know that I don’t make enough to keep me sleeping like a normal person.
- I get to go back to yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to be able to go back to a studio and get my hot yoga on!
- I decided this week that I am not stepping on the scale for 60 days. Which could be great for me and also terrifying on January 1st when I weigh myself.
Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!!