I shared this status on Facebook just now, but I really feel that the words need a broader audience than my small circle of friends.
This is for anyone struggling today.
Dear Present Me,
I know right now you are hurting, and sad. This didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to, and now you are paying the price for putting yourself out there. You can still breathe, even though it feels like all of the air has left you. You can still stand up even though you feel like you’ve fallen down a deep well and the world is spinning too fast. You have gotten over this before, and you know that you can move past it. You have already done it.
Do not let this derail you. DO. NOT. LET. THIS. BREAK. YOU. You are so much stronger than this. You know you are. Just because you have gotten to a place where you feel good, and are happy does not mean that you do not deserve it. You are not out anything. Nothing has changed. This did not happen to you because you finally embraced happiness.
This is not the end. It will get better. Do not forget that you have what you need already. You have a mantra permanently inked on your body for helping get through hard times such as these. Never give up hope. Lean on the people that you share your life with, they are here for you and love you unconditionally. They will always pick you up when you fall down. You are not alone in this. This will not break you.
This is not about you. This is about timing. Moving on doesn’t not mean forgetting, it means living and not falling down and staying there. It means finishing what you have set out to do. It means making them proud. And making yourself proud. You can grieve this, but don’t you stay there longer than you told yourself you would. This was not a once in a lifetime opportunity. You may get another chance to have what you want, but don’t stay here and wait for it to happen, or life will pass you by. I know it feels like a sucker punch to the chest; but it will get better. This does not break you.
❤ Love, Future you
So as you know the fam was in Florida last month, and some of this one too. It was such a great trip! Here are some of the things we did:
- Drove 1300 miles with a toddler
- Drove another 500 with a toddler (1000 round trip)
- Saw animals at Busch Gardens
- Played at a waterpark
- Got sunburned
- Got tan
- Wore a bikini (YEAH ME!)
- Played in the ocean
- Made new friends
- Ate sushi
- Drank too much (not really)
- Worked out a ton
- Ate awesome food
- Visited cites I had never been to
- Entered a new time zone for the first time
- Saw dolphins
- Saw a stingray
- Got sea sick
- Had some great family time
- Cemented the bonds of sisterhood with an awesome chick
- Slept in
- Stopped worrying about my body
- Realized how awesome I am, and decided to love it and embrace it.
- Celebrated Pride from 1300 miles away
- Rejoyced at a momentous event in our cultural history #scotus
- Spent tons of time at the beach
- Drove 1300 miles home, by myself with a toddler. Go me.
The road trips went fast for the most part, but it was still a lot of driving! I enjoyed pretty much every moment of the trip, but the last few weeks were lonely without the hubs. I do look forward to my next trip back…hopefully in a few months!
I thought long and hard about merging my personal blog and my coaching blog for a while now, and decided what the heck!! Let’s just merge them! So if you are a follower of Run This Mom, or Sassy Pants Fitness, please head over to Sassy Mommy Fitness and follow the new and improved beautiful union of the two!
Fitness, motherhood, running, coaching and food is my life, so keeping these two sites separate seemed a little silly. I am really excited to be there…and SELF HOSTED! WOOOOOOOOOOO! This is a fun learning journey, and I really hope it all works out for the best! It’s been a really great time over here, but I am really looking forward to this new adventure, and I really hope that you join me and follow along. I know that this blog has undergone many changes in 3 years, and that is totally indicative of my life for the last 3 years…lots of changes!
The content and themes of the posts will stay exactly the same, but I am meshing my mommy life with my coaching business. So you will see posts about family, motherhood, food, positivity/inspiration/motivation and fitness. I will share more about my love of Shakeology™, and the Beachbody™ fitness programs like 21 Day Fix™, PiYo™ and more!
It would mean SO MUCH to me if you would head on over to the new Facebook page and click LIKE so that you don’t miss out on anything! And also as of December 31st I will no longer be posting to these pages, and will only be operating under the Sassy Mommy Fitness Page.
Thanks in advance everyone!!
Winter that is.
We awoke to snow, and I am not happy about it. I was really hoping for a few more weeks of fall before the tundra set in. But alas…it’s now winter.
So today we are staying in and enjoying the day just the two of us…me and the destroyer of living rooms.
On Saturday I got my hairs did. But it didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, so I will be going back this Saturday to have it fixed. I am super excited about it and I can’t wait to show you all!
It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
Happy Halloween! And holy cow October is over already! I seriously am blown away by how fast this year feels like it’s going by.
I am so not ready for it to be “The Holidays” soon…
Here’s your 5
- Chipotle is not smart pre-workout fuel. Just sayin.
- I have the cutest sidekick eva!
- And my cute little super baby is going through one of the worst sleep regressions right now. I am supposed to also be Wonder Woman…but I am feeling like my super hero name should be Zombie Mom. ugh….I think we might have to try a little melatonin to help her get to sleep and stay asleep. She is my child and I know that I don’t make enough to keep me sleeping like a normal person.
- I get to go back to yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to be able to go back to a studio and get my hot yoga on!
- I decided this week that I am not stepping on the scale for 60 days. Which could be great for me and also terrifying on January 1st when I weigh myself.
Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!!
This is a hard TBT, but I am sharing this one again as reminder that we all start somewhere! This was taken about a year ago, I think I was 30 days postpartum.
I am now a year PP and don’t look much different. I am starting to embrace that “mommy-body” rather than hating it. And I am working on changing it rather than accepting it.