So when I last posted, other than about moving this blog to a new residence, it was November and winter had just started to creep in. I was also trying to dye my hair purple, and my little human was still in the throes of a post-surgery-sleep-regression-nightmare.
I got my purple hair. But it took about 21 hours and 3 visits to accomplish.
Winter lasted foooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
And the little human finally got over her sleep issues…by Christmas time.
But here are some other things that happened:
- I fell out of love with fitness, and fell off the healthy eating wagon and rolled for several miles behind it in the dust before I was able to stand back up.
- I bought my first Erin Condren Life Planner. (If you shop at this link you can get $10 off your purchase! Weee!)
- I went to Illinois for a photo shoot, with my then business partner. More about that one later…
- I opened my Etsy shop back up… I sell awesome stickers for planners now. Go. Check it out. Now. It’s awesome! Plus…because I love ya… use code: FANSOFKAT for 10% off your purchase of $15+. I am an official entrepreneur now…yaaaaay.
- Finally decided on adding another member to our family…no babies yet because…well…endo still rears her ugly stupid head.
- I quit Beachbody…and I will NEVER work for another direct sales company EVER again. Aside from the business aspect, I have come to hold more respect for clean eating, and know with every fiber of my being that eating a clean, unprocessed or minimally processed diet is what will help you lose weight and be healthier. No shake or pill can do that for you. Business wise…I just couldn’t be involved with a company that sold products that I didn’t believe in. Plus, I just don’t do drama or ridiculousness.
- We are headed to Florida again in just about 3 weeks…EEEEEEKKKKK! I cannot wait. 3 weeks in Florida!? Um, YEAH!
- I am just 8ish pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight…holy cow! For half-assing it these last 6 months I am very proud of myself. Progress pictures coming soon.
- I am still dealing with PPD…yeah. STILL. It happens folks. And it can stick around for a few years after that bundle of joy arrives. Are we nuts for thinking of having another baby?! I have more good days than bad, and Hadley is the light of my life. But man that transition from only worrying about yourself to you AND another human…oops…I mean another human and then maybe yourself if there is time left over, or they take a nap.
- We bought a Subaru and I frickin love it.
So now that you are mostly caught up, and I am back…I will do my best to post more. Life with kids is hard, and I still struggle to find balance in life. But that will probably never change…it just need to get better at it.
Hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!
It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
Today, Monday is not going to suck. I am going to make this Monday my b!tch and get stuff done. I have a long task list and I am not going to be until it gets done.
I am going to run a 5k today for my virtual Halloween Hobble, knock out that task list, meet with my trainer, and spend the day with my little. Because seriously…
Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a Corn Maze and Fall Festival. We had so much fun, and it was awesome being able to spend some family time with #Babylove and Run This Dad.
What are you doing today?
Packet Pick up before my very first half marathon. I had no clue what I was in for!
Were you nervous for your first half? Or full, or other race distance? I have had anxiety before shorter distances too!
Oh friends…it has been such a week. Like the loooooooooooongest week eva…
Last week Miss Hads had her surgery on her hand. And then got a full arm cast. Oy. At least we know that she has a killer right hook. Owie. It’s not stopping her or slowing her down at. all. Which is great. The cast comes off on October 14th.
Is it October 14th yet? No? Ok then…
Here’s your 5!
- Run This Dad and I made some really excited plans and decision for the future of our family and I am beyond thrilled about it. But I can’t share yet. Sorry… 🙂
- I pulled out of my 10 miler from last weekend, and have chosen not to run my half next week. I have not been training very well, due to injury. So I know it’s best. But I’m super bummed about spending the money on so many races that I never got to do because of my stupid back.
- Starting next Friday we will be having a new friend come to play with us 4 days a week! It’ll be good for Miss Hadley to have a buddy around, and not just me! I am excited to start babysitting again!
- I am giving away a Spartan Race Entry! DO NOT MISS IT!
- I hate teething. That is all.
So this has been a week. RIght now I am sitting in the waiting room at Gillette Children’s in St. Paul anxiously awaiting an update, and the return of my child. Is it over yet?!
Here’s your five…
- I needed some serious motivation this week. I’ve been having a little ankle pain since running the #TheGloRun…seriously no more night races for me. They only end in injury. I got out and ran, but it was a rough run. I am running the Women Run The Cities 10 miler this weekend…and I am a bit nervous for how my ankle will do…
- I’ve been doing the #21dayfix this week and am down about 2 pounds so far! Woot!
- Grey’s Anatomy yesterday…anyone watch? Been waiting many long months for this!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
- I set up my workspace last weekend…I am not working from there at the moment…still working on getting the last few things organized. But I love this desk!
- I have been seeing this quote blowing up my newsfeed this week. So I think that the universe is trying to tell me something…
October 7th 2013.
Tomorrow Hadley will be having her surgery, and I will see this again.
I am not a fan of these doors.
Have your babies – human or fur babies, had surgery before? How did you cope?