Just a friendly reminder!
We are moving over to Sassy Mommy Fitness!
Please be a dear and head over there and follow, subscribe or stalk me on Facebook! I’ve have really enjoyed inspiring you, and hearing your stories over the years and I don’t want to miss any of you!
Thanks for the memories!
There is no Easy Button to achieve success. You have to climb, and work for it. And then when you get to the top you can look back on where you came from and feel that surge of accomplishment and pride.
How many floors are you climbing today?
As I have been trying to find the balance between being a mom and taking care of myself, I have been on the hunt for quick workouts. Time is always such a precious thing nowadays. So if you are like me and pressed for time to workout, try one or two of these awesome 10 minute workouts from the Girls Gone Sporty blog!
I saw this on Pinterest yesterday, and it really spoke to me. I’ve been checking in on the scale and it is sadly going the exact opposite way that I want it to. So I made a decision…
I am not getting back on it for 60 days.
It makes me sad when I do, and then I just beat myself up. So the scale and I are going to take some time apart. I want to re-focus my energy on other things, and I am not going to let it control my feelings anymore.
Today, Monday is not going to suck. I am going to make this Monday my b!tch and get stuff done. I have a long task list and I am not going to be until it gets done.
I am going to run a 5k today for my virtual Halloween Hobble, knock out that task list, meet with my trainer, and spend the day with my little. Because seriously…
Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a Corn Maze and Fall Festival. We had so much fun, and it was awesome being able to spend some family time with #Babylove and Run This Dad.
What are you doing today?
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.
I don’t know about you, but as a mommy and a wifey I sometimes struggle with finding a balance in my roles between those two jobs and doing what I wanna do. I know it’s super selfish to still want to achieve my own goals now that I have a little human to raise….right?
NO! It’s not actually.
It’s awesome that I have goals that I want to achieve in my personal life and in my professional life. Having goals is what moves us forward! I often struggle with working on my goals once I have set them, or broadcast them to the world as it were…
But I am not seeing my inability to conquer my goals as a failure. I just need to readjust my expectations of what I can do in the time I have given myself. I have to change what my vision of my fitness life looks like. And that might mean that I work out with Hadley next to me, or I go to the gym at night. Or maybe I find a buddy to workout with that will help me stay on track!
Whatever that looks like for me, finding the balance is going to take some time and that is ok.
How do you find balance in your life between working out and being with your family?