I shared this status on Facebook just now, but I really feel that the words need a broader audience than my small circle of friends.
This is for anyone struggling today.
Dear Present Me,
I know right now you are hurting, and sad. This didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to, and now you are paying the price for putting yourself out there. You can still breathe, even though it feels like all of the air has left you. You can still stand up even though you feel like you’ve fallen down a deep well and the world is spinning too fast. You have gotten over this before, and you know that you can move past it. You have already done it.
Do not let this derail you. DO. NOT. LET. THIS. BREAK. YOU. You are so much stronger than this. You know you are. Just because you have gotten to a place where you feel good, and are happy does not mean that you do not deserve it. You are not out anything. Nothing has changed. This did not happen to you because you finally embraced happiness.
This is not the end. It will get better. Do not forget that you have what you need already. You have a mantra permanently inked on your body for helping get through hard times such as these. Never give up hope. Lean on the people that you share your life with, they are here for you and love you unconditionally. They will always pick you up when you fall down. You are not alone in this. This will not break you.
This is not about you. This is about timing. Moving on doesn’t not mean forgetting, it means living and not falling down and staying there. It means finishing what you have set out to do. It means making them proud. And making yourself proud. You can grieve this, but don’t you stay there longer than you told yourself you would. This was not a once in a lifetime opportunity. You may get another chance to have what you want, but don’t stay here and wait for it to happen, or life will pass you by. I know it feels like a sucker punch to the chest; but it will get better. This does not break you.
❤ Love, Future you
It has been a very busy summer so far here at the Holmberg House. Between travel, summer activities and family we have been going pretty much non-stop.
In June we went to Florida again. And this time Hadley actually enjoyed the beach! She loved the ocean, and chased the seagulls. She searched the beaches for bottlecaps, and rushed head-on into the ocean.
The hubby flew home after a week, and we stayed on until after the 4th of July. I love it so much it’s so hard to leave. And I now know that I can in fact drive across the country with a toddler and not lose my sanity. Yay me.
It was very hot in Florida, but amazing. We also went to Busch Gardens, Hadley got to go on her first rides…she did great!
We loved the Sesame Street Safari, and the splash pad too!
It was such a great time!
One of the reasons I love staying in Florida so long is that my sister-in-law is always such a huge motivator for me to kick it up a notch in my health and fitness goals. I came back last year super motivated, only to let life get in the way again, but after being there again this year it’s only reaffirmed my passion to stay the course.
If you’ve followed the blog for while, then you’ve noticed the ups and downs, the lulls in the postings, and it’s only a reflection of how dedicated I’ve been to this process. Over the last few months we’ve made some decisions about the direction of our family, and made some big goals. Which has given me the freedom to pursue my own goals without feeling like I am being selfish…. yay for letting go of mom-guilt!
I do really hope to be back in full swing here in the next few weeks and give you the content that you are used to with this blog. So thanks for sticking with me!
It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
Happy Halloween! And holy cow October is over already! I seriously am blown away by how fast this year feels like it’s going by.
I am so not ready for it to be “The Holidays” soon…
Here’s your 5
- Chipotle is not smart pre-workout fuel. Just sayin.
- I have the cutest sidekick eva!
- And my cute little super baby is going through one of the worst sleep regressions right now. I am supposed to also be Wonder Woman…but I am feeling like my super hero name should be Zombie Mom. ugh….I think we might have to try a little melatonin to help her get to sleep and stay asleep. She is my child and I know that I don’t make enough to keep me sleeping like a normal person.
- I get to go back to yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to be able to go back to a studio and get my hot yoga on!
- I decided this week that I am not stepping on the scale for 60 days. Which could be great for me and also terrifying on January 1st when I weigh myself.
Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!!
This is a hard TBT, but I am sharing this one again as reminder that we all start somewhere! This was taken about a year ago, I think I was 30 days postpartum.
I am now a year PP and don’t look much different. I am starting to embrace that “mommy-body” rather than hating it. And I am working on changing it rather than accepting it.
Um…this guy. That is all.
I remember when I first saw this photo…I thought…
HOLY CRAP I AM DATING THE HOTTEST GUY EVER.
Seriously. Now I am married to him.
Photo from The Holmberg Greiner Wedding June 2010
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.