Yeah…I am just that lazy these days.
August was a blur. And now summer is over.
There is so much, and yet not nearly enough to say.
I’ve been working on me mostly, and gotten back into this really great routine in the morning. I’ve been getting my butt up at Stupid o’clock and hitting the gym. Most days I come home and go back to sleep until the Little gets up. Which is nice, but then I just feel wrecked all day.
I’ve also been slowly transforming my diet back to a clean and mostly organic diet…after realizing I may be having some gluten intolerance issues recently. I miss pasta. And bread. But the effects on the rest of my body have been very noticeable. My skin is clearer, my hair has been fantastic…
So… I’m going to stay sans pasta and bread for as long as necessary if I look and feel better.
Also…how is my baby going to be TWO in 6 weeks?!?!?!
Everyday is an adventure with this one. And everyday calls for a costume. On this particular day she was a fairy. But the wings have been a common accessory lately. She always wants to be noticed, and loves being the center of attention…oh so opposite from her mother. She is still very much Minion obsessed. But I am so glad it’s not Dora, or something far more annoying like Calliou or Sponge Bob…which by the way…will NEVER be played in my house. Eva!! I’d rather only ever watch Despicable Me 2 for the rest of my life than any of those other shows.
We are also taking a big step in our household…
Yeah…gonna maybe put some roots down. The only thing is that we would be putting roots down in a place I’m not sure I want to be. I want to get out of MN so badly. Part of me feels like if we buy a home here…we are stuck here. But we really need more space, and I think it’s time. So many of our friends have homes, and don’t rent anymore. Home ownership is such a huge responsibility, I just hope we are prepared for all of it. It also means that this CHO’s (Chief Household Officer) job just gets bigger…
There are lots of other things in the works currently…but not ready to share just yet. I am taking steps to start up something awesome and it’s something that I get asked about A LOT…so I am really excited to start this ball rolling!
So as you know the fam was in Florida last month, and some of this one too. It was such a great trip! Here are some of the things we did:
- Drove 1300 miles with a toddler
- Drove another 500 with a toddler (1000 round trip)
- Saw animals at Busch Gardens
- Played at a waterpark
- Got sunburned
- Got tan
- Wore a bikini (YEAH ME!)
- Played in the ocean
- Made new friends
- Ate sushi
- Drank too much (not really)
- Worked out a ton
- Ate awesome food
- Visited cites I had never been to
- Entered a new time zone for the first time
- Saw dolphins
- Saw a stingray
- Got sea sick
- Had some great family time
- Cemented the bonds of sisterhood with an awesome chick
- Slept in
- Stopped worrying about my body
- Realized how awesome I am, and decided to love it and embrace it.
- Celebrated Pride from 1300 miles away
- Rejoyced at a momentous event in our cultural history #scotus
- Spent tons of time at the beach
- Drove 1300 miles home, by myself with a toddler. Go me.
The road trips went fast for the most part, but it was still a lot of driving! I enjoyed pretty much every moment of the trip, but the last few weeks were lonely without the hubs. I do look forward to my next trip back…hopefully in a few months!
So when I last posted, other than about moving this blog to a new residence, it was November and winter had just started to creep in. I was also trying to dye my hair purple, and my little human was still in the throes of a post-surgery-sleep-regression-nightmare.
I got my purple hair. But it took about 21 hours and 3 visits to accomplish.
Winter lasted foooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
And the little human finally got over her sleep issues…by Christmas time.
But here are some other things that happened:
- I fell out of love with fitness, and fell off the healthy eating wagon and rolled for several miles behind it in the dust before I was able to stand back up.
- I bought my first Erin Condren Life Planner. (If you shop at this link you can get $10 off your purchase! Weee!)
- I went to Illinois for a photo shoot, with my then business partner. More about that one later…
- I opened my Etsy shop back up… I sell awesome stickers for planners now. Go. Check it out. Now. It’s awesome! Plus…because I love ya… use code: FANSOFKAT for 10% off your purchase of $15+. I am an official entrepreneur now…yaaaaay.
- Finally decided on adding another member to our family…no babies yet because…well…endo still rears her ugly stupid head.
- I quit Beachbody…and I will NEVER work for another direct sales company EVER again. Aside from the business aspect, I have come to hold more respect for clean eating, and know with every fiber of my being that eating a clean, unprocessed or minimally processed diet is what will help you lose weight and be healthier. No shake or pill can do that for you. Business wise…I just couldn’t be involved with a company that sold products that I didn’t believe in. Plus, I just don’t do drama or ridiculousness.
- We are headed to Florida again in just about 3 weeks…EEEEEEKKKKK! I cannot wait. 3 weeks in Florida!? Um, YEAH!
- I am just 8ish pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight…holy cow! For half-assing it these last 6 months I am very proud of myself. Progress pictures coming soon.
- I am still dealing with PPD…yeah. STILL. It happens folks. And it can stick around for a few years after that bundle of joy arrives. Are we nuts for thinking of having another baby?! I have more good days than bad, and Hadley is the light of my life. But man that transition from only worrying about yourself to you AND another human…oops…I mean another human and then maybe yourself if there is time left over, or they take a nap.
- We bought a Subaru and I frickin love it.
So now that you are mostly caught up, and I am back…I will do my best to post more. Life with kids is hard, and I still struggle to find balance in life. But that will probably never change…it just need to get better at it.
Hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!
There is no Easy Button to achieve success. You have to climb, and work for it. And then when you get to the top you can look back on where you came from and feel that surge of accomplishment and pride.
How many floors are you climbing today?
We are now at that point in the year where holiday treats will tempt you, lure you and eventually end up on your ass. So to stay on track this holiday season, start out this year with some tools to avoid going nuts this year and you won’t gain 15 pounds before the end of the year!
Check out these tips from the Fitfluential blog on having a healthier halloween!
I saw this on Pinterest yesterday, and it really spoke to me. I’ve been checking in on the scale and it is sadly going the exact opposite way that I want it to. So I made a decision…
I am not getting back on it for 60 days.
It makes me sad when I do, and then I just beat myself up. So the scale and I are going to take some time apart. I want to re-focus my energy on other things, and I am not going to let it control my feelings anymore.
Um…this guy. That is all.
I remember when I first saw this photo…I thought…
HOLY CRAP I AM DATING THE HOTTEST GUY EVER.
Seriously. Now I am married to him.
Photo from The Holmberg Greiner Wedding June 2010